Monday, February 1, 2010

Ice Skating & Skiing

 
 
 
 
 
 
We spent New Year's Eve outdoors and having fun! The boys and I and the Trom family went cross country skiing at Bohart Ranch. It was a first for the three of us, and we had such a good time! Ben took off with the Troms and did a fantastic job keeping up with them. He was grinning ear-to-ear. Josiah and I hung back and enjoyed the scenery at a different pace. Josiah showed great determination and didn't let a few falls keep him from pushing on ahead. The weather was gorgeous, snow was falling, and Josiah and I enjoyed the signs about the animals along the way. It was so much fun to have a date with my guy and try something new.

That evening we went to an ice skating party at a friend of the Troms. The yard was flooded to create the skating rink with lights wrapped under the ice. All the trees were filled with lights, a bonfire off to the side, and warm drinks on the deck, and fireworks to end the night. It was lovely.

New Year's Day was a first for our family to do together. We all went downhill skiing at Bridger Bowl. We had such a good time! The boys and I each had a lesson with different terrific instructors and learned a lot. After Ben's lessons, he stayed on Snowflake for hours going up and down very independently. Kevin and I did do one larger hill and I was proud I could make it down, but by the end of the day my legs were Jello. It is so much work to get bundled, exhausting, and yet so much fun! We hope to do it again sometime soon.

No comments: