Saturday, April 24, 2010

Kitty Backpack

Tonight we were on the way out of town and stopped at Wal-mart to pick something up. When we arrived at our destination we realized that Gabriella's Hello Kitty backpack was no longer in the van and must have fallen out of the van in the parking lot. Kevin called Wal-Mart to ask if the backpack had been turned in, but no luck.

We called Uncle Tyler and he was kind enough to drive over and check the parking lot for us. He even checked at the courtesy counter again, but no luck.

I love that little backpack and so does Gabriella - it makes her feel very independent. She loves to help pack her backpack for the day and put it on her back herself - often upside down. I was already missing watching her run down the sidewalk with it bobbing up and down on her back. And how many backpacks have a special pocket small enough to fit just a tiny box of raisins?

When we returned to Ames this evening, we stopped by Wal-Mart to check the lost-and-found one more time... just in case. The guy behind the counter asked if we had called in earlier and told me that nothing had been turned in. Just as I started walking away, he happened to notice something pink behind the counter. There it was, still full of diapers and not a single smudge from laying in the parking lot.

Thank you to the kind man who brought the backpack inside to customer service. I think Gabriella might be almost as glad to see it as her sentimental mama!

1 comment:

dkamfam said...

AWwww. I'm so glad someone turned it in!