Later my children became frogs. Josiah and Ben were blue-eyed tree frogs off at school while the littlest tree frog slept on my lap. Josiah, still the Lion, drove the little red car to pick up the other frogs from school (imaginary since he was still the lion, and Ben was really at school).
By lunch time, he was Chester the cow, dressed in his Dalmatian costume with a cow mask we made a while back and I was Matilda the cat (no costume). We were married (pronounced dog and cat by a duck), had a wedding brunch (lunch), danced, and went on a cruise for our honeymoon. Shortly after we returned we adopted a baby butterfly (Gabriella).
Josiah is so much fun to play dress up with and I love how he includes his sister in our plays.
A while back, Josiah really wanted to play dress up and Ben wasn't in the mood and I was busy making dinner. After many pleas for us to join us he suggested a compromise. He went down and put on a costume and handed me a hat. "Here mom, let's pretend that I am a bat, and you are a fireman mom making dinner while holding a baby..."

1 comment:
Some day-when J is a big time movie director, he's going to drive his poor casting directors crazy.
"What I need is someone who can play a firefighter mom who is feeding her baby while making dinner. And she has to do it like it's the most natural thing in the world..."
Post a Comment