Gabriella and I were shopping last week. As we were checking out, the clerk reminded me to cherish this time with Gabriella as they grow up so fast. She explained that her youngest was in 8th grade, and she hated being the mother of a middle school student (because it means her daughter is growing up).
G: "You hate being a mama?"
Clerk: "No, I hate that my little girl is growing up and then she is going to leave the house and I will never see her again."
G: "My mommy said that even when I grow up and leave the house we will see each other. She says that I will always be her little girl and that we will always be a family.
Clerk: "You knew just what I needed to hear today."
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment