Thursday, January 6, 2011

Asleep with the lights on

My dear girl loves to put her brothers to bed and say prayers with them. She loves to pass out her late night hugs and kisses. She loves rocking, bedtimes songs, her "goodnight light" and a fresh cup of water on her pillow. She needs her bunnies, her blanket, her other quilt, and getting tucked in just right. She does not like to actually go to sleep...

Lately she finds many reasons to come back out of her room. Getting it just right might take a few more trips in and visits with extra hugs and kisses and trips to the bathroom. And as stern as I may try to be, Gabriella in her nightgown running down the hall yelling, "I have so many more hugs for you!" is hard to resist. Other times though she lets me go through her routine, and then a few minutes after I leave and she shuts the door, turns the lights on and plays. It is these times that she is most quiet, and then there is less of a battle to get her to bed.

I just went and peeked at my little sunshine all cuddled under her blankets, holding her bunnies, eyes squeezed tight to block out the overhead light. So sweetie, you sneak in a little extra play time and I will turn out the light for you after you tuck yourself back in. 4th night in the last two weeks little one, but so thankful you are so sound asleep.

No comments: