Friday, December 17, 2010

Goodnight to my friends

After I put Gabriella to bed tonight she came in the office and asked to say good night to the brothers. "Sure, just come right back up." (We never forget to say good night to the brothers!) Then she came in and asked to say good-night to her friends. I told her that none of her friends are here right now.

"I need to say good-night to all of my friends in all of their houses? Do I have permission to yell?

"Yes."

"This is going to be loud...."(Her body stiffens, her arms outstretch, and her head tilts up)

GOOD NIGHT TO ALL OF MY FIENDS AND ALL OF THEIR BUDDIES. SWEET DREAMS!"

"Mom? Can I have a slumber party at one of my friends houses? I can take my bunnies, and my blanket, and my covers and sleep on the floor at their house. Okay?"

"That will be fun to do when you are older."

Sometimes it is hard to believe she is still two!

1 comment:

Clarence and Ruth said...

I hear you, Lisa! Two going on 16!!
She is always coming up with words and ideas that amaze us.