Coming home. It's part of reason that traveling is so much fun, and is most certainly true when I travel without my family.
I returned to Ames late this morning after a weekend filled with good friends, trips to Manhattan, food, tasty beverages, a fantastic wedding celebration, food, food, food, laid back time with friends, a day-after brunch with more food and friends, a delayed flight home, an unexpected overnight in Chicago, an early flight to Des Moines, and some impromptu time with my parents, sister and niece.
As I bounced up the walk, suitcase in hand, my beautiful Lisa opened the door and Gabriella, beaming and beside herself, ran onto the porch to greet me. Dropping my bags, I scooped her up for a hug, relishing the sweet, excited sounds of "daddy!" tumbling delightedly from her lips. (Lisa said that she squealed out loud when she spied me through the dining room window :) )
After a too-brief cuddle, G straightened up in my arms. With one arm on my right shoulder she grabbed my left thumb and pulled my hand up, pointing it toward the living room where Chicago's 25 or 6 to 4* filled the air.
Time to dance with my little girl :)
-kt
* 25 or 6 to 4 is a favorite high-energy dance motivator in our household.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a sweet memory to keep in your heart.
Post a Comment