Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Head Chef and Pastry Chef

While I don't have a picture of our Stone Soup day, I do have another to share.

Josiah selected a Fried Rice recipe off of the PBS Kids website a few weeks ago and was very excited to be the Chef of the evening. He gave a pretty squeamish face at the store when he saw what raw shrimp looked like, remarking, "That's not going is my recipe, is it?!" Afterwards he decided they tasted great and wanted to see pictures of what they looked like when they could still swim.

His cooking style has been inspired by the film "Ratatouille." This means very fast chopping with a sharp knife and sweeping everything off the cutting board with great flourish. I don't stray from his side and I watch out for my own fingers while we are creating.


This particular evening Ben was the pastry chef making Strawberry Shortcake for everyone. He arranges his desserts artfully and uses a heavy dose of whipped topping- yum!

I have really appreciated their new interest in helping in the kitchen since Gabriella was born. It has given us some great opportunities for one-on-one, and inspired us all to try new dishes. Bon Appetit!

No comments: